Kicking Off SHARE San Jose and What to Expect After Day One
Ah, that new conference smell!
The first day of SHARE is over, but there’s always something palpable about it. The promises of the week await: reconnect with some old friends; put faces to names of people you’ve spoken to but never met; befriend a new group of people with common interests and, often, common frustrations.
Then there are the tangible benefits as well: increase your technical knowledge; learn tips, tricks and techniques to take back to your organization; leave with a better understanding of the benefits of new IBM releases. And, did I mention, it’s perpetually 60 and sunny in San Jose, CA?
I particularly like reading the tea leaves of the IBM presentations. At the top, the IBM CEO Ginni Rometty is all Watson, Blockchain and Bluemix. But SHARE is nothing if not an “in the trenches” conference. It will be interesting to hear the IBM messaging at this level.
Tuesday, things start getting busy at the conference, and it will be a busy week for Compuware as well.
To start, Keith Sisson is co-presenting the Tuesday keynote on the mainframe in the digital age at 8:30 a.m. (available on SHARE Live!). You won’t want to miss this, especially considering SHARE awarded Keith with Best User Session on Monday for z13s User Experiences with Edward Jaffe, CTO of Phoenix Software International.
Here’s what else you can expect from the Compuware folks at SHARE San Jose:
- I’ll be showing Topaz Workbench in the IDE Shootout at 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Then it’s back to Keith and Sam Knutson discussing IBM’s new z/OS installation strategy and how it affects vendor installs. That’s Tuesday at 11:15 a.m.
- Sam stays busy Wednesday at 10:00 a.m., sharing a presentation with David Rizzo on the state of DevOps including the mainframe.
- John Baker did great in Monday’s z/OS Pricing, SoftCapping, and Capacity Product Shootout. On Thursday at 8:30 a.m., he’s hosting a great session around improving application performance.
- Keith and Sam then participate on a z13 user experience session on Thursday at 11:15 a.m.
- It’s back to the Sam and David show later on Thursday at 1:45 p.m. for an Agile and DevOps free-for-all.
- Finally, Friday, Sam works his magic with two classic end-of-the-week presentations, Mainframe Mythbusters at 8:30 a.m. and Bit Bucket at 11:15 a.m.
And, of course, if you’re interested in speaking with any of us from Compuware about anything just track us down in the halls or stop at our booth (#407) in the Technology Exchange Expo. Odds are we’ll be standing right there. If not, someone can track us down. We have some exciting things in our pipeline and we’d love to incorporate your ideas!
So, to quote that great philosopher Bugs Bunny, “Oh what heights we’ll hit. On with the show this is it!”
Latest posts by James Liebert (see all)
- DevOps and the Mainframe: The Ultimate Win-win - August 29, 2017
- How Do You Define DevOps? Six Interpretations to Help - June 29, 2017
- Kicking Off SHARE San Jose and What to Expect After Day One - March 7, 2017